MELANIE L. HORN, PHD, IS A PART B MEDICARE PROVIDER WHO PRACTICES IN LAKEWAY, TX
Dr. Horn has studied how the issues of aging affect seniors and their families. She has experience in assessing where difficulties may lie, in providing caring individual counseling to older clients, and in assisting families to solve problems related to the aging of a loved one.
PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH MEDICARE
DR. HORN PROVIDES THESE MEDICARE SUPPORTED MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES (for example):
- Medicare Part B (providers) allows for mental health services, such as individual counseling and family therapy
- Clients or family members can call a psychologist directly, without a referral from a physician
- Medicare Part B pays the regular 80% payment to providers of the allowed amount. The client is responsible for the remaining 20%.
- A client's supplemental insurance policy for Medicare Part B often picks up the remainder of the allowed amount that Medicare does not pay
What is the Best-Kept Secret of Medicare?
INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING FOR:
- Depression, Bereavement, Anxiety, Family/Couple Issues, Problem-solving and Other Mental Health Issues
FAMILY THERAPY AND FAMILY CONSULTATION:
- Couples Counseling, Dealing with Family Conflict, Handling Behavioral Problems in Aging Family Members, Education on Aging Issues, such as Dementia.
EVALUATION OF COGNITIVE AND EMOTIONAL ISSUES:
- Depression, Anxiety, Anger, Memory Problems
- With Appropriate Referrals to Specialists, for example, a Neurologist or a Psychiatrist. Consultation with primary care physician.
Grandpa Preparing for Halloween!
Did you know that families may come in to discuss their parent or loved one under the beneficiary's coverage? Medicare encourages a billing code called "Family Therapy Without the Patient Present." Medicare feels that by helping caregivers, we are helping the patient. I couldn't agree more!
DR. HORN IS FAMILIAR WITH FACILITIES IN THE LAKE TRAVIS AND STEINER RANCH AREAS AND CAN PROVIDE CONSULTATION TO HELP WITH TRANSITION.
Just a call: 512-261-6005